The Boot Camps at the University of Sydney are a collaboration between the University of Sydney and edX. These leading programs provide you with proven curricula that prepare you for the in-demand industries of web development, or cybersecurity.
We combine a face-to-face virtual classroom experience with hands-on learning taught by experienced trainers. With extensive support and a wide array of resources, we provide a quality education that will help you find a path to success.
- Learn the latest market skills* for the fields of web development, or cybersecurity.
- Receive access to in-depth career planning assistance to polish your professional presence.
- Benefit from a wide list of support services to help you navigate the programs.
- Build a diverse portfolio of web applications and projects demonstrating your newfound skills in our coding program and learn a variety of skills applicable to certifications in our cybersecurity program.
- Advance your skill set without leaving your current employment by studying online through a convenient part-time schedule, great for adult learners.
*The material covered is subject to change to ensure its currency and based on academic review.
Class curriculum options
Our boot camps cover the most in-demand skills across:
These programs are a collaboration between the University of Sydney and edX.
About the University of Sydney
The University of Sydney was founded in 1850 on the principle of providing people from all backgrounds with the opportunity to realise their potential to make a positive impact in the world through education. The University’s regular ranking in the top 50 universities worldwide reflects our outstanding reputation (QS World University Rankings 2020). Our community includes more than 70,000 students, 8,100 staff and 350,000 alumni in more than 170 countries.
edX, part of 2U Inc., works with respected universities and organizations to deliver innovative, skills-based training to a community of over 45 million learners around the world to support them at every stage of their lives and careers. edX delivers boot camps through an immersive learning experience with expert services and valuable resources. As of 2021, graduates have been hired by 6,700+ companies, including more than 62% of the Fortune 100.
What you will learn
- In our full-stack web development, and cybersecurity programs, you will build a strong foundation of skills to help you be competitive in each high-growth industry.
- You will gain real-world experience and apply your knowledge on hands-on projects, preparing you to be job-ready by the end of the program.
- You will benefit from classroom collaboration and peer networking, gaining experience working in teams and building lasting connections.
What you receive on completion
- Our programs provide career services to help reinforce your job search, including portfolio reviews, technical interview preparation, job referrals, networking events, mock interviews, soft-skills training, and more.
- Receive a Statement of Completion that showcases your accomplishments.
- Build an impressive professional portfolio of applications and projects, demonstrating your newfound skills.